Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Download firefox from http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/
- Install it via
cd $SBSOFTDIR/opt tar xzvf firefox-<version>.tar.gz
- If you want to keep the name firefox, link the script firefox to the bin dir
ln -s $SBSOFTDIR/opt/firefox/firefox $SBSOFTDIR/bin/
- If you want to use another name (firefox-2.0), create a shell script that contains
#!/bin/sh exec /home/fias/simbio/software/opt/firefox/firefox "$@"
- make a softlink to the java plugin
ln -s \ /etc/alternatives/firefox-javaplugin.so \ $SBOFTDIR/opt/firefox/plugins/
- copy the macromedia flash plugin
- The files flashplayer.xpt and libflashplayer.so are required and have to be put into $SBSOFTDIR/opt/firefox/plugins/.
- In the case that the system-wide flash plugin should be used, the files can be found in /usr/lib/firefox/plugins/.
- If your own version of the flash player should be used, the files are in the .tar.gz file of the flash player. Just copy them to the above directory.