Hauptseminar Active Matter SS 2015/Gravitaxis of Active Particles (E)
More information will become available soon.
- Gravitaxis of Active Particles (E)
- Daniel Arnold
- Tobias Bäuerle
In this topic the problem of the motion of active swimmers in presence of gravity is introduced. The different factors influencing gravitaxis, as well as the possible dynamical responses observed in natural and artificial swimmers, are discussed.
- J. O. Kessler, Nature 313, 218 (1985)
- A.I. Campbell and S.J. Ebbens, Langmuir 29, 14066 (2013)
- K. Wolff, A. M. Hahn, and H. Stark, Eur. Phys. J. E 36, 43 (2013)
- B. ten Hagen et al., Nature Communications 5, 4829 (2014)