Hauptseminar Multiscale Simulations SS 2016/Functionalized nanopores and DNA translocation
More information will become available soon.
- tba"tba" contains an extrinsic dash or other characters that are invalid for a date interpretation.
- Functionalized nanopores and DNA translocation
- Maria Fyta
In this topic, the use of functionalized nanopores in the process of DNA translocation is discussed. The details of functionalization, possible functionalization molecules, as well as the advantages and disadvantages of using functionalized nanopores will be investigated. In the end, the efficiency of functionalized nanopores in distinguishing among the DNA nucleobases will be assessed.
- H. He, R. H. Scheicher, R. Pandey, A. R. Rocha, S. Sanvito, A. Grigoriev,R. Ahuja, and S. P. Karna, Functionalized Nanopore-Embedded Electrodes for Rapid DNA Sequencing, J. Phys. Chem. C 112, 3456 (2008).
- B. Pathak et al, Double-functionalized nanopore-embedded gold electrodes for rapid DNA sequencing, Appl. Phys. Lett. 100, 023701 (2012).
- J. Prasongkit, A. Grigoriev, B. Pathak, R. Ahuja, and R.H. Scheicher, Theoretical Study of Electronic Transport through DNA Nucleotides in a Double-Functionalized Graphene Nanogap, J. Phys. Chem. C 117 (29), 15421 (2013).
- S. Chang et al, Electronic Signatures of all Four DNA Nucleosides in a Tunneling Gap, Nano Lett. 10 (3), 1070 (2010)
- D. Branton et al, The potential and challenges of nanopore sequencing, Nature Biotechnology 26, 1146 (2008).