(Redirected from User:Jgrad)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Phone:||+49 711 685-67715|
|Fax:||+49 711 685-63658|
|Email:||jgrad _at_ icp.uni-stuttgart.de|
Institute for Computational Physics
Research software engineer
As a co-organizer:
- Simulating energy materials with ESPResSo and waLBerla, October 9th-13th 2023, Institute for Computational Physics, University of Stuttgart, Germany, hybrid event.
- Simulating the dynamics of soft matter with ESPResSo, PyStencils and LbmPy, October 10th-14th 2022, Institute for Computational Physics, University of Stuttgart, Germany, hybrid event.
- Combining particle-based and continuum modelling in soft matter physics with ESPResSo, PyStencils, and LbmPy, October 11th-15th 2021, Institute for Computational Physics, University of Stuttgart, Germany, hybrid event.
- ESPResSo and Python: Versatile Tools for Soft Matter Research, October 5th-9th 2020, Institute for Computational Physics, University of Stuttgart, Germany, online event.
As an attendee:
- International Conference on Data-Integrated Simulation Science (SimTech2023), October 4th-6th 2023, University of Stuttgart, Germany.
- FAIR and TRUE Data Processing for Soft Matter Simulations, September 25th-27th 2023, Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research, Mainz, Germany.
- talk: Jean-Noël Grad, Simulation data management in ESPResSo (talk slides)
- un-deRSE23 – Unconference for Research Software Engineering in Germany, September 26th-28th, Dornburger Schlösser, Jena, Germany.
- deRSE23 – Conference for Research Software Engineering in Germany, February 20th-22nd 2023, Heinz Nixdorf Forum, Paderborn, Germany.
- talk: Jean-Noël Grad, Alexander Reinauer, Markus Holzer, Christian Holm, Rudolf Weeber, ESPResSo and LbmPy: Re-usable and modular interface between particle-based and lattice-based simulation codes, in: Session Integration vs. Modularity (talk slides).
- Day of Teaching and Learning, “University of Stuttgart beyond THE LÄND!”, November 30th 2022, Gießelmann, Wieprecht (organizers), University of Stuttgart, Germany.
- talk: Jean-Noël Grad, Rudolf Weeber, Christian Holm, Teaching soft matter physics to an international audience, in: Track 1 Courses taught in English (talk slides)
- Managing Research Software, September 15th-16th 2022, DINI/nestor workshop, University of Stuttgart, Germany (hybrid event).
- Software Engineering (SE) '22, February 21th-25th 2022, Department of Computer Science, Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany (online event).
- talk: Jean-Noël Grad, Rudolf Weeber, Markus Holzer, Christian Holm, Making use of established codes instead of re-inventing the wheel: Using lattice-based methods from waLBerla into ESPResSo, in: Track rSE 22 (talk slides).
- WoSSS21 - Workshop on Sustainable Software Sustainability, October 6th-8th 2021, Online.
- notes published in Sufi et al. Report on the Workshop on Sustainable Software Sustainability 2021. Zenodo, 2023.
- What do we (not) know about RSE?, October 30th 2020, Lamprecht, Barker, Martinez (organizers), International Series of Online Research Software Events (SORSE).
- notes published in Lamprecht et al. What Do We (Not) Know About Research Software Engineering?. JORS, 2022.
- FAIR 4 Research Software, November 19th 2020, Lamprecht, Katz, Psomopoulos et al. (organizers), International Series of Online Research Software Events (SORSE).
- notes published in Gruenpeter et al. SORSE2020 outputs for the FAIR4RS workshop. Zenodo, 2020.
- Nachhaltigkeit von Forschungssoftware, November 7th-8th 2019, DFG-Rundgespräch, Loewe, Bach, Druskat, Renard, Seemann (organizers), Robert Koch-Institut, Berlin, Germany.
- notes published in Struck et al. A Guide for Publishing, Using, and Licensing Research Software in Germany, Zenodo, 2020.
- de-RSE Position 001 published in Anzt et al. An environment for sustainable research software in Germany and beyond: current state, open challenges, and call for action [version 2; peer review: 2 approved], F1000Research, 2021.
- Herausforderungen für die nachhaltige Entwicklung, Bereitstellung und Pflege von Forschungssoftware in Deutschland, June 5th 2019, Loewe, Katerbow, Seemann, Bach, Druskat (organizers), deRSE19, Albert Einstein Science Park, Potsdam, Germany.
- deRSE19 - Conference for Research Software Engineers in Germany, June 4th-6th 2019, Albert Einstein Science Park, Potsdam, Germany.
- poster: Jean-Noël Grad, Rudolf Weeber, Florian Weik, Kai Szuttor, Christian Holm, ESPResSo: Experiences in lowering the entry barrier for new developers in a particle-based simulation package (abstract)