Hauptseminar Active Matter SS 2015/Collective Motion of Living Organisms (E)
More information will become available soon.
- Collective Motion of Living Organisms (E)
- Julian Maisch
In this topic, an overview of the emergence of collective motion in populations of living organisms is provided. In particular, different collective phenomena, e.g. in animal flocks and bacterial swarms, their spatio-temporal dynamics, the interactions which generate them and their response to external perturbations, are discussed.
- A. Cavagna et al., PNAS 107, 11865 (2010)
- K. Drescher et al., PNAS 108, 10940 (2011)
- Y. Sumino et al., Nature 483, 448 (2012)
- H. H. Wensink et al., PNAS 109, 14308 (2012)