Difference between revisions of "Hauptseminar Active Matter SS 2015/Gradient-Based Microswimmers (E)"
|Line 5:||Line 5:|
Latest revision as of 20:34, 14 January 2015
More information will become available soon.
- Gradient-Based Microswimmers (E)
- Divya Virmani
- Clemens Bechinger
In this topic an overview is given of the development of gradient-based artificial microswimmers. The first steps in this direction were taken by the group of Prof. G. Whitesides, who created microscopic self-propelled rafts. These primitive ideas were built upon by the group of A. Sen and T.E. Mallouk who created self-electrophoretic nanorods. Both of these will be discussed in detail and an overview of other developments in this field will be provided.
- R.F. Ismagilov et al., Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 41, 652 (2004)
- W.F. Paxton et al., Chem. Eur. J. 11, 6462 (2005)
- G.A. Ozin et al., Adv. Mater. 17, 3011 (2005)
- J.R. Howse et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 99, 048102 (2007)
- I. Buttinoni et al., J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 24, 284129 (2012)