Hauptseminar Active Matter SS 2015/Gravitaxis of Active Particles (E)
More information will become available soon.
- Gravitaxis of Active Particles (E)
- (reserved for) Daniel Arnold
In this topic the problem of the motion of active swimmers against gravity is introduced. The first steps in this direction were taken by the group of Prof. G. Whitesides, who created microscopic self-propelled rafts. These primitive ideas were built upon by the group of A. Sen and T.E. Mallouk who created self-electrophoretic nanorods. Both of these will be discussed in detail and an overview of other developments in this field will be provided.
- J. O. Kessler, Nature 313, 218 (1985)
- A.I. Campbell and S.J. Ebbens, Langmuir 29, 14066 (2013)
- K. Wolff, A. M. Hahn, and H. Stark, Eur. Phys. J. E 36, 43 (2013)
- B. ten Hagen et al., Nature Communications 5, 4829 (2014)