Hauptseminar Active Matter SS 2015/Man-made Realizations of Mechanical Swimmers (E)
More information will become available soon.
- Man-Made Realizations of Mechanical Swimmers (E)
- (reserved for) Mohammad Pakdaman
In this topic the various attempts at creating man-made analogues of biological swimmers is treated, as well as several other 'mechanical' swimmers. The first attempts at creating such particles by the group of Prof. J. Bibette are considered to provide a background. This is followed by a discussion of other magnetically actuated swimmers, such as the colloidal dimer and the helical swimmer. Finally, potential in-vivo applications of the helical swimmer will be examined.
- D. Dreyfus et al., Nature 437, 862 (2005)
- P. Tierno et al., J. Phys. Chem. B 112, 16525 (2008)
- P. Mandal et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 111, 248101 (2013)
- D. Schamel et al., ACSNano 8, 8794 (2014)