Hauptseminar Active Matter SS 2015/The Standard (Self-)Electrophoretic Models (T)
More information will become available soon.
- The Standard (Self-)Electrophoretic Models (T)
- Alexander Weyman
- Christian Holm
In this topic the theory behind (self-)electrophoresis is introduced as the foundation for the discussion of the self-propulsion mechanisms based on these principles. The description of these mechanisms and the regimes in which these problems can be tackled analytically are discussed in detail. The discussion is closed by considering the recent debate on the nature of the mechanism by which platinum-coated Janus particles self-propel in hydrogen peroxide.
- J.L. Moran et al., Phys. Rev. E 81, 065302 (2010)
- B. Sabass and U. Seifert, J. Chem. Phys. 136, 214507 (2012)
- A.T. Brown and W.C.K. Poon, Soft Matter 10, 4016 (2013)
- S. Ebbens et al., Eur. Phys. Lett. 106, 58003 (2014)