Hauptseminar Active Matter SS 2015/Theoretical Description of Hydrodynamic Interactions: Solving Stokes' Equations for Particles (T)
More information will become available soon.
- Theoretical Description of Hydrodynamic Interactions: Solving Stokes' Equations for Particles (T)
- Richard Kemmler
In this topic basic hydrodynamic theory is introduced, which will form the foundation for subsequent discussion. First, the nature of solvents is considered. Second, the concept of momentum transfer through an incompressible medium will be examined. Next, the consequences of this on the interaction of particles with each other and walls will be discussed in detail. Finally, Brownian motion due to temperature-induced fluid fluctuations will be touched upon.
- G.J. Pert. Introductory fluid mechanics for Physicists and Mathematicians, John Wiley and Sons Ltd., 2013
- A. Einstein, Ann. Phys. 19, 289 (1906)
- A. Einstein, Ann. Phys. 34, 591 (1911)
- J. Happel and H. Brenner. ZAMM (J. Appl. Math. Mech.) 7, 322 (1921)
- H. Brenner, Chem. Eng. Sci. 16, 242 (1961)