Difference between revisions of "Hauptseminar Porous Media SS 2021/Introduction to porous media"
m (update literature)
|Line 5:||Line 5:|
Latest revision as of 11:07, 7 May 2021
- Introduction to porous media
- Alexander Schlaich
In this introductory lecture I will give an overview on the general concepts and questions that concern porous media science. In detail, I will cover the following points:
What are porous materials?
- fundamental questions
- confinement effects
- Molecular concepts of transport, statistical mechanics
- Coupling of thermodynamics and transport in nano-porous media
- from pore to pore-network to continuum scale
- Typical continuum descriptions (Darcy, Brinkmann, ...)
 Bear, J. Modeling Phenomena of Flow and Transport in Porous Media. (Springer International Publishing, 2018).
 Gas Transport in Porous Media. (Springer Netherlands, 2006).
 Civan, F. Porous Media Transport Phenomena. (John Wiley & Sons, 2011).
 Kärger, J., Ruthven, D. M. & Theodorou, D. N. Diffusion in Nanoporous Materials. (John Wiley & Sons, 2012).