Difference between revisions of "Longrange Interactions"
|(5 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)|
Latest revision as of 09:59, 2 July 2012
- JP Dr. Axel Arnold
- Course language
- Time and Room
- August 2-25, Monday and Wednesday, 11:00 - 12:30, V27.03, Pfaffenwaldring 27
- boundary conditions and conditional convergence of the Coulomb sum
- Ewald method
- mesh-accelerated Ewald methods (P$^3$M, SPME)
- Tree codes/ fast multipole methods
- Maggs' method (MEMD)
- MMM, MMM2D, MMM1D
- Electrostatic Layer Correction (ELC)
Knowledge of basic numerical techniques and computer simulations.
A. Arnold and C. Holm. Simulating Charged Systems with ESPResSo. In Lecture Notes in Physics, 703, 2006.
A. Arnold and C. Holm. Efficient methods to compute long range interactions for soft matter systems. In C. Holm and K. Kremer, Advanced Computer Simulation Approaches for Soft Matter Sciences II, Springer, 59-109, 2005.