PhD and Postdoc Position
Some Ph.D and postdoc positions are open in the area of computational soft matter.
In particular we look for applicants in the field of
- Simulations of ferrofluids under shear
- Simulations of polyelectrolytes and biomolecules
- Simulational studies of ion channels
All applicants should have a strong background in MD or MC simulations, and knowledge of basic statistical physics and soft matter theory (polymers, colloids) or knowledge in atomistic modeling (biomolecules, proteins). The simulations will typically be performed using the ESPResSo simulation package. Usually, the work will involve code development for the package.
There will be ample opportunity to interact with other researchers at FIAS, the adjacent Max Planck Institute for Biophysics, and the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt. The official language at the institute is English.
The postdoctoral positions are initially for one year, renewable upon mutual agreement. Successful applicants for the Graduate Student Positions will join the three year PhD program at the new Frankfurt International Graduate School for Sciences (FIGSS). Candidates should have a Masters degree.
Applicants should submit:
- resume (including date of birth, grades, awards, publications),
- statement of research interests (up to 2 pages),
- names and email addresses of 2-3 references
- links to their thesis and/or publications
Positions will remain open until filled. Please send applications via email to holm _at_ fias.uni-frankfurt.de
- We constantly are looking for motivated HiWis (student helpers) who can do basic programming tasks in C, and can help with producing animated videos and graphics, using VMD