Programmieren in C++ WS 2013/2014
- Block course (2 SWS): Lectures in the morning, hands-on session in the afternoon
- JP Dr. A. Arnold and Dr. O. Lenz
- English (German if only Germans are there)
- Date and Time
- 17.3.2014 - 21.3.2014, 9:00 - 17:00
- CIP-Pool of the ICP, Allmandring 3, 1. floor
The course is open to all students. Unfortunately, it is not part of the standard curriculum of physics. However, it can be taken as "fächerübergreifende Schlüsselqualifikation" (SQ, Kompetenzbereich 1) for 3 CP, so at least Physics BSc students can use it in their curriculum.
The participants of the course are expected to have some basic programming knowledge in any programming language, like C, Python, or FORTRAN (e.g. from the lecture "Computergrundlagen").
The number of participants is limited!
We have ~25 computers in the CIP-pool to do the hands-on sessions. If too many people apply, we can set up a second hands-on session group in our seminar room for people that bring their own laptop (WLAN is accessible). If there are more than 50 applications, the people in higher terms will be preferred.
To apply for a place, please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that contains the following information:
- Registration number (Matrikelnummer)
- Study subject (Studienfach)
- Term of studying (Fachsemester)
- If you have an ICP account, please send us the login name
- Do you have a laptop with a C++-compiler (e.g. g++) that you could use in the hands-on sessions?
The course will based on the free book "Thinking in C++" by Bruce Eckel, which you can download here: http://www.mindview.net/Books/TICPP/ThinkingInCPP2e.html
- C programming
- Object-oriented programming
- How to structure a software project?
- Classes, Instances
- Outline (1.19 MB)
- Object-Oriented Design (528 KB)
- Compilation (555 KB)
- OOP in C++ (620 KB)
- Templates (154 KB)
Examples, Tutorials and Slide sources
- The sources of the slides, the example codes and tutorial material can be found on Github at https://github.com/icpcpp/course
- The git repository of the Team project is at https://github.com/icpcpp/edward