|Phone:||+49 711 685-67652|
|Fax:||+49 711 685-63658|
|Email:||Rajarshi.Chakrabarti _at_ icp.uni-stuttgart.de|
|Address:||Dr. Rajarshi Chakrabarti|
Institute for Computational Physics
I am a Post Doctoral Research Associate in the group of Christian Holm at ICP. I am a theoretical physical chemist by training. My research interests include condensed phase dynamical processes in chemical physics, physical chemistry of polymer nanoparticle mixture, nanoparticle suspensions and biology inspired physics.
I did my PhD from the Department of Inorganic and Physical Chemistry, Indian Institute of Science under the supervision of Prof. K . L. Sebastian. I was a Post Doctoral Research Associate in the group of Prof. Kenneth S Schweizer at the Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign from February 2009 to January 2011.
Currently I am using molecular dynamics simulation and analytics to analyze the tracer diffusion inside a cylindrical nano channel grafted with polymeric chains from inside. The model under study has essential features of the central plug of nuclear pore complex.
Soft Matter Physics
1. Packing Correlations, Collective Scattering and Compressibility of Fractal-like Aggregates in Polymer Nanocomposites and Suspensions – Rajarshi Chakrabarti, Jean-Yves Delannoy, Marc Couty and Kenneth S Schweizer, Soft Matter, 7, 5397 (2011). (This article was selected for the Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science and Technology).
2. Polymer mediated structure of nanoparticles in dense melts: transferability and effective one component approach - Rajarshi Chakrabarti and Kenneth S. Schweizer, J. Chem. Phys. 133, 144905 (2010). (This article was selected for the Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science and Technology).
3. Dynamics of diffusion controlled chain closure: flexible chain in presence of hydrodynamic interaction – Rajarshi Chakrabarti, condmat: arXiv:1105.0926v1 (submitted).
Condensed Phase dynamics and Biology inspired physics
1. Diffusion in an elastic medium: A model for macromolecule transport across the nuclear pore complex” - Rajarshi Chakrabarti, Ananya Debnath and K. L. Sebastian, condmat: arXiv:0706.3758 (to be submitted).
2. Bubble dynamics in double stranded DNA: A Rouse chain based approach – Rajarshi Chakrabarti, Chem. Phys. Lett., 502, 107 (2011).
3. Dynamic disorder with exponential sink – Rajarshi Chakrabarti, Chem. Phys. Lett., 495, 60 (2010).
4. A lower bound to the survival probability and an approximate first passage time distribution for Markovian and non-Markovian dynamics in phase space - Rajarshi Chakrabarti and K. L. Sebastian, J. Chem. Phys. 131, 224504 (2009).
5. Exact Analytical Evaluation of Time Dependent Transmission Coefficient from the method of reactive flux for an inverted parabolic barrier- Rajarshi Chakrabarti, J. Chem. Phys., 126 (13), 134106 (2007) (This article was selected for the Virtual Journal of Biological Physics Research).
6. Rate Processes with Dynamical Disorder: A Direct Variational Approach - Ananya Debnath, Rajarshi Chakrabarti and K. L. Sebastian, J. Chem. Phys., 124 (20), 204111 (2006).
1. Transient state work fluctuation theorem for a classical harmonic oscillator linearly coupled to a harmonic bath - Rajarshi Chakrabarti, Pramana – J. Phys., 72(4), 665, (2009).