Simulationsmethoden in der Physik II:Simulation Methods in Physics II
- Lecture (2 SWS) and Tutorials (2 SWS)
- The course will take place during the last 6 weeks of the semester with 4 hours per week lectures, and 4 hours tutorial
- Prof. Dr. Christian Holm (Lecture) and Joan Josep Cerdà, Fatemeh Tabatabaei, Nadezhda Gribova (Tutorials)
- Course language
- Deutsch oder Englisch, wie gewünscht- German or English, by vote
- Time and Room
- Lecture times: Tue 11.30 - 13.00 in V57.04 and Wed 9.45 - 11.15 in V57.02
The lecture is accompanied by hands-on-tutorials which will take place in the CIP-Pool of the ICP, Pfaffenwaldring 27, U 108. They consist of practical exercises at the computer, like small programming tasks, simulations, visualization and data analysis. The tutorials build on each other, therefore continuous attendance is expected. Tutorials are split in two parts 2 hours each on Wednesdays 14.00-15.30 and on Thursdays 17.15-18.45.
The course will give an introduction to modern simulational techniques, like Monte-Carlo (MC) and Molecular dynamics (MD) simulations (on- and off-lattice), and how to solve non-linear PDEs like the Poisson-Boltzmann equation.
We expect the participants to have basic knowledge in classical and statistical mechanics, thermodynamics, electrodynamics, and partial differential equations, as well as knowledge of a programming language (preferably C or C++). The attendance of Simulation Methods I or having aquired similar knowledge is assumed.
- 1. Attendance of the exercise classes
- 2. Obtaining 50% of the possible marks in the hand-in exercises
|22.7.||last lecture of Simulationsmethoden II
Tutorials (U 108)
D.P. Landau and K. Binder.