Textsatz mit TeX/LaTeX SS 2014
- Block course (2 SWS): Lectures in the morning, hands-on session in the afternoon
- JP Dr. A. Arnold, Dr. O. Lenz and Henri Menke
- English (German if only Germans are there)
- Date and Time
- 2014, 9:00 - 13:00, 14:00 - 17:00
- CIP-Pool of the ICP, Allmandring 3, 1. floor
The course is open to all students. Unfortunately, it is not part of the standard curriculum of physics. However, it can be taken as "fächerübergreifende Schlüsselqualifikation" (SQ, Kompetenzbereich 1) for 3 CP, so at least Physics BSc students can use it in their curriculum.
The participants of the course are expected to have some basic knowledge about computer usage (e.g. using a text editor). Some programming skills are also an advantage, but not required.
The number of participants is limited!
We have ~25 computers in the CIP-pool to do the hands-on sessions. If too many people apply, we can set up a second hands-on session group in our seminar room for people that bring their own laptop (WLAN is accessible). If there are more than 50 applications, the people in higher terms will be preferred.
To apply for a place, please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that contains the following information:
- Registration number (Matrikelnummer)
- Study subject (Studienfach)
- Term of studying (Fachsemester)
- If you have an ICP account, please send us the login name
- Do you have a laptop with a LaTeX distribution (e.g. TeXlive or MikTeX) that you could use in the hands-on sessions?
- Plain TeX
- LaTeX 2.09
- Presentations with beamer
- LaTeX3 Outlook
- The TeXbook by Donald E. Knuth
- The LaTeX Companion by Mittelbach, et al.
- LaTeX and Friends by van Dongen
- A (Not So) Short Introduction to LaTeX2ε by Tobias Oetiker et al.
- A beginner's guide to LaTeX by Peter Flynn (contains exercises)
- TeX for the Impatient by Paul Abrahams, Kathryn Hargreaves, Karl Berry
- TeX by Topic by Victor Eijkhout